Next month we will be paying attention to situations and timing for the Boost Your Photography 52 Weeks Challenge. Join us to think more about your photographs. Or, jump in for a re-boot of #BYP52Weeks starting off at the beginning in January!
- The Black and White Book Club: Michael Freeman. Last year for the month of February a large group of photographers participated in a black and white only photography month plus book club. We read and discussed Michael Freeman's The Complete Guide to Black & White Digital Photography or Michael Freeman Black and White Photography Field Guide. (The Field Guide is a slightly slimmed down version of The Complete Guide,) This first post is an introduction to the book and an invitation to join the challenge.
- Black and White Book Club Week 1: Black and White Photography as Fine Art – fine art or abstract photography
- Black and White Book Club Week 2: Black and White Photography as Normality – still life, landscape, street, portrait, architecture, or journalism / documentary photography
- Black and White Book Club Week 3: Elements of Visual Design – thinking about shape, structure, tone, volume, form, and texture
- Black and White Book Club Week 4: Creative Choices in Exposure – exploring over- and underexposure, high key, low key, high contrast, and low contrast
- Black and White Book Club Week 5: Putting it All Together – a final week to go back to your favorite or most challenging ideas or styles of black and white photography. You can also explore topics not covered in the weeks above, such as Grain or High ISO photographs, HDR, Tone Mapping, and Adding Tints.
Don't Miss a Single Post from Boost Your Photography
Follow along on Facebook
Follow along on Google+
Follow along on Twitter
Follow along on Pinterest
Follow along on Bloglovin'
Or, better yet, receive updates daily or weekly via email. Sign up below!