A Year Ago on Boost Your Photography is a twice-monthly post rounding up all the great content available on BYP that has been published during this same time of year, across the years. It's a quick way to catch up on content you may have missed, including seasonal and time-sensitive photography tips and ideas.
- 5 Tips to Keep Your Gear & Photos Safe. Learn how to keep your sensor clean, know your battery life, and more!
- Avoid Memory Card Disaster: proper handling and care of memory cards. This post is a must-read to make sure that you never loose your precious photographs due to memory card error!
- Photography Inspiration: explore the mundane. March can be a month sorely lacking in photography inspiration, at least here in Wisconsin - winter is dragging on into a muddy mess. Find out why the "mundane" can make a great inspiration!
- Shutter Speed: an overview and visual reference: this popular post about shutter speed provides an overview of the various shutter speeds, as well as recommended situations for each. This advice is then collected in one easy-to-understand visual reference chart. A great place to start for understanding shutter speed!
- Tips to Improve Your Macro Photography: Last year we focused on "Macro March," and this post full of tips kicked off the month. Learn quick, practical advice for improving your macro and close-up photography shots.
- Product Review: close-up lenses: Close-Up Lenses are an inexpensive way to use the lens you already have for macro and close-up photography. This post provides a review of the Digital Concepts 58mm 4-Piece Multi-Coated Camera Lens Filter Set, which are the close-up lenses that personally use.
- Focus Stacking for Macro Photography: Focus stacking is an innovative post-processing technique for combining a series of macro or close-up photographs into one image with a much greater depth of field. This post will walk you through the basics to create incredible focus-stacked images.
- Macro Fakery: Background Creation: Find out a few simple tricks for backgrounds in your macro and close-up photography - includes behind-the-scenes wide shots.
Receive updates daily or weekly via email. Sign up below!